Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Yummy Taro Pancakes!

Taro Brand Pancake Mix

I must admit when a friend first gave me a package of Taro Brand Pancake mix I was a bit skeptical.  Sure, taro rolls are great, but taro pancakes...hmm?  One lovely morning, as the kids were restless for breakfast, I decided to give it a try.  I was expecting a long list of ingredients to add to the mix.  (In my experience, most mixes need at least two or three more ingredients besides the mix.)  As I read the directions, I smiled in delight....all the mix needs is water.  OK, I thought, how good can this really be?  To my delight again...and the kids...the pancakes were wonderful!  Light and fluffy.  Super tasty.  From that moment on, we were hooked.  A definite favorite in our house.  The kids don't even use syrup.  I've since added a little flair to our lovely pancakes...mini chocolate chips...always a welcome addition.  We have also discovered that taro pancakes are the perfect on-the-go breakfast for morning commutes.  Just pop them in a container and go.  A tasty and quick start to the day!  I usually buy the mix at Longs.  From September 21-27, the mix will be on sale at Marukai for $3.99.  You can also purchase the mix directly from Taro Brand...see link below.  Happy Eating!




http://www.tarobrand.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment